Assistant Property Manager
As an Assistant Property Manager, you are primarily responsible for providing comprehensive support in all aspects of property operations, including work orders, building maintenance, inventory analysis, reporting, property management, customer service, maintenance, make ready process, and administrative activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to)
- Consistently achieves property performance goals as it relates to income, expense control, and building maintenance.
- Manage the entire work order process: assigning work orders to staff and vendors, following up to ensure work is completed to our standards.
- Manage the entire Make Ready process from start to finish including pre move-out inspections, scheduling of vendors or staff, ensuring that apartment is turned within 7 days.
- Come up with other ideas and present to PD and SD ways to reduce turn time, turn cost, and vacancy loss.
- Issue notices to residents for issues, office closures, maintenance issues, building maintenance, etc.
- Assists in answering phone calls and processing online inquiries as needed.
- Ensures efficient and courteous response to all resident requests.
- Responsible for the efficient and timely reporting, maintenance and submission of all administrative forms, files and reports.
- Reports any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the residents or the property.
- Order supplies for turns, work orders, and building maintenance minimum of once per week, but as needed by maintenance.
- Research and address any code violations by entering work orders, following up, and confirming completion with pictures/invoices.
- Building walks on a bi-weekly basis.
- Resident Events on a monthly basis.
- Obtain multiple bids for any projects over $500.
- Review and respond to work orders daily to ensure that customers are given accurate information regarding repairs.
- Responsible for updating make ready date in yardi if a turn will be completed ahead or behind schedule.
- Mark apartment as “Made Ready” in yardi once turn is complete and apartment has been walked.
- Assists in Rentcafe and lease audits.
- Ensures that the property maintains all compliance regulations, including code violations being addressed in a timely manner.
- Assists the Property Manager in interviewing, screening and hiring of any potential employee for all departments.
- Assists the Property Manager in subsequent orientation, training and scheduling of all Team Members.
- Unit renovation management as needed.
- Participates in Hyde Park Property Management training as required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Property management experience is preferred
- Maintains a consistent level of professional customer service
- Thorough knowledge of Hyde Park Property Management Group policies and procedures and property policies
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Yardi is preferred
- Available to work weekends
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to embody the Hyde Park Property Management Culture and Hyde Park Property Management Core Values every day
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, or squat. The employee is often required to sit. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities and must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions including, but not limited to rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, or sleet.
The employee must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver office products and supplies of up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Routine, local travel is required to attend training classes, client visits, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Overnight travel is required to attend company functions, training, property visits, and other situations necessary for the accomplishment of special projects that may be assigned from time to time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.